Our little village and some of the going ons that transpire within.

Apr 6, 2020

Love In the times of Covid 2


 She could go out now. Without holding her hand over her mouth. Her hare lip. Which polite people pretended wasn’t there Which cruel people stared at pointedly. And children pointed out to their friends. The N-52 facemask was perfect. All it let you see of her were her eyes. Twinkling and luminous. She found the funny side of things easily. 
Day 1 Recommended Social distancing  6 ft. The line at the bania shop distancing 2 ft.
‘ Excuse me, it’s your turn’
Day 4  hi I’m Al. 
Day 7  I’m Sam
Day 9    The conversation so quickly went to isolation, lockdown, 9 minutes of black   out, 
Day 12  Zoom date with virtual background Juhu beach.
Day 13  FB friends.
Day 14  No Pics of you in photos?. I sent you mine.
               No. Im a very private person. You’re very good looking. Model typeJ
Day 15  Zoom date with virtual background Elephanta Island.
Day 16 Al What ?
Just Al. Sam what ?
Just Sam.
Day 16.5  Zoom date with virtual background Gulmarg.
Day 16.51- 16.59 My sister says I’m using all the bandwidth J
Day 17- Day 117 . Dreams , hopes, aspirations.
Day 118 Marry me Sam ?
                You don’t even know my name Al. Al? You must be Christian.
                No, Full form Ali.
Day 119. Salaam Ale Kum  Al. Its Sameera.
Day 120 Social isolation lifted. 
                He gently traced her hare lip with his finger. 
                Marry me ?

1 comment:

ALAN said...

So all this time you kept calling me ALI or SAMEERA? ������ that was an amusing read Clem ������